Wednesday, January 12, 2011

State Farm - Magic Jingle

Here is State Farm's Magic Jingle commercial:


First off, how did that get on top of his car?  Was a construction truck driving by and it fell?  And the driver didn't even notice?  I think that someone would have noticed a giant cement tube crushing a car.

Isn't State Farm kind of setting up their customers for disappointment when their agents don't magically teleport on site whenever someone sings their jingle?  If I was a State Farm customer, I think I'd be a little pissed when I had to deal with an automated phone system instead of having my agent magically materialize.

This is assuming that State Farm agents don't really have the ability to teleport.  I'm correct about this, right?

Although upon closer inspection, this commercial isn't actually implying that State Farm agents have magical powers, but rather that being a State Farm customer actually gives people godlike powers.  After all, the agent, panda bear, and Bob Barker were summoned through the will of the customers.

If that is the case, I'll give the State Farm agent a lot of credit.  He was summoned from out of nowhere, but he didn't seem to even skip a beat.  He quickly assessed the situation and handled it expertly.  I guess since the company's customers have godlike powers, he might be kind of used to this by now.  I'm still thinking it would have been an awkward situation if he was on the can when he was teleported though.

I do have to wonder why the girl is the one to call her agent, when it is clearly the guy's car that got ruined.  Maybe they're on the same policy?  Are they dating?  At first, I thought the guy on the left was her boyfriend, and was going to give her the panda as a sign of affection.  But based on her complete disgust with him, I don't think that they're an item.

And what can you say about Bob Barker?  Is he not one of the greatest people ever?  Just look at the girl's face when he appears.  He may be in his 80s, and looks like he has spent just a bit too much time in a tanning bed, but she is still ready to bone him. 

I mean, they're not even pissed when he blatantly destroyed their bird bath.  He could have had the new car appear anywhere, but he chose to have it go right where the bird bath was.  Maybe this was his subtle revenge for being summoned?

Rating: 4 TVs out of 5
Anything involving Bob Barker is awesome, and I like the idea of State Farm giving people godlike abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment