Thursday, February 7, 2013

Speed Stick - Laundry

The next Super Bowl commercial up for review comes from Speed Stick:



After waiting a long time for a dryer, a man becomes impatient, takes someone else's clothes out, and throws them on the floor.

I think he was quite justified in doing so.

In a communal laundry setting, it is common courtesy to remove your clothes in a timely manner.  By washing your clothes at a laundromat, you're basically agreeing to a social contract that says, "I will remove my clothes soon after they are done, or I run the risk of having them thrown on the floor."

Unfortunately, he is caught in the act by the owner of the laundry, and she happens to be an attractive woman.

I think this is the root of the problem.  Being an attractive woman, she is probably used to getting her way.  If she wants to let her clothes linger in the dryer, then everyone should just accept that her clothes shall linger.

She is probably shocked that someone would dare throw her majestic laundry onto the floor.  This is probably one of the worst insults she has ever suffered.

I mean, shouldn't she find it strange that a random stranger is offering to fold her laundry?  I guess when you live in "Attractive Woman Land" you expect people to do these kinds of things for you.

And when you're done folding, carry them to my apartment!

What a f***ing princess.
Rating - 2 TVs - What is Speed Stick trying to tell us here?  That we should just bow to the wishes of attractive women?  I don't think so, Speed Stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment